2024 Healthcare Design Awards Finalist
KLH Architects are pleased to announce that Clacton Community Diagnostic Centre is a finalist in the Best Acute Care Design category for the 2024 Healthcare Design Awards.
We recently submitted the award for East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust with Castons, JSH, SWECO and Forest Gate Construction for our collaborative project at Clacton Hospital. The delivery of the one of the first Community Diagnostics Hub is aligned to:
- Improvement of population health outcomes and increase in diagnostic capacity.
- Improving productivity and efficiency of diagnostic activity.
- Contributing to reducing health inequalities.
- Delivering a better, more personalised, diagnostic experience for patients.
- Supporting integration of care, across primary, secondary and community care.
The development of a new community diagnostic hub at Clacton Hospital provides a new medical imaging department, including CT and MRI scanning, a new physiological measurement and phlebotomy department, an endoscopy suite, and a training facility.
The aim of the project was not only to refurbish the existing hospital and merely provide a diagnostic facility but to deliver a transformative healing hub. It exemplifies a holistic approach to healthcare, prioritising patient well-being and embracing innovation. This visionary project sets a new standard for healthcare architecture, elevating the community’s health and well-being.
The winners will be announced at the Awards ceremony on 27th March at the Royal Lancaster Hotel.